Sunday, February 3, 2013

"Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children" first impression

Homework for this week was to read a bit in the book we had chosen earlier. I read the first two chapters of my chosen book "Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children". 

The book is written in first-person and Jacob is the storyteller. You can notice from the start that Jacob and his grandfather Portman have a close relationship. It seems like Portman is Jacobs role model. Portman has been through a lot, like war, living in orphanage, crossing oceans and so on. In the start of the book Portman is telling Jacob about these things and about some of the “monsters” he meet during the war, he’s also showing Jacob some pictures.
In the next chapter a hysteric grandfather Portman calls Jacob and is saying the monsters are coming to get him. In the time Jacob reaches his house, Portman is gone. Jacob and his friend are looking for him and they find him hurt in the forest. This is the end of the chapter…

My first impressions of the book are that it seams exciting and interesting. It’s normally not the type of genre I read, but I think the book is great. The book is well written and the text is not that small, which I like. The English is also easy to understand and the language is not so complicated. The book has also some pictures so it’s easier to imagine the things that are being described.

I’m looking forward reading more of this book! 

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I'm looking forward to hearing more about the book as well!

    ReplyDelete